Some real cool finds this week. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
- Windows Longhorn & the Worst Code I’ve Ever: A really cool interview with Dave Cutler around the path that Windows took after Windows 2000 to split into two teams, one building the much-maligned Windows Vista.
- Feature Flags for Astro!?: Lots of applications use feature flags, but this is the first time I’ve seen one for Astro. Actually, FeatureVisor can be used by almost anything, but this guide shows how to add it to an Astro site.
- Next.js 14 is out: A lot of people have been waiting for the latest release of Next.js. Funnily, it was published just in time for a storm of comments around Next.js vs. Remix on Twitter.
- A full scale Battlestar Galactica Viper: Builds with Baz has a Facebook group where he is highlighting building a full-scale Battlestar Galactica Viper. This thing is amazing and brings back so many memories.
- Add upvotes, likes, & reviews to any context: I’ve been thinking of building a “like” feature for my personal website, and Clickvote may have convinced me to use them rather than build my own version.
- A self-hosted AI chatbot with LlamaGPT: Want to run your own Llama 2 chatbot without worrying about where your data is going? LlamaGPT supports Code Llama models and NVIDIA GPUs and runs in a Docker container.
Build with Me Weekly
Thankful Thursday Highlights
This week I’m thankful for Coffee and Advil.
I’m thankful to have challenges as life is only interesting with them. Well, after going through them. LOL
— Mary Jo